5 Signs You Need Emergency Plumbing Services
When something goes wrong in your home, many people will want to try to solve the problem entirely on their own. However, unless you have a lot of experience in home repair or plumbing, not everything is best left to a do-it-yourself job. Sometimes, you’ll need to call in the professionals to get things fixed correctly. Here are just a few times when you might need to call emergency plumbing services to help get your home plumbing fixed as soon as possible.
- Flooding risks: If your plumbing is having problems that would cause your home to flood, even if only slightly, call for plumbing repair as soon as possible. Flooding can cause water damage to your home, which can be incredibly expensive to repair.
- No running water: Running water is essential to a healthy home, as you’ll need it for everything from cooking to bathing to cleaning. As soon as you notice that your home is without running water, or even if you notice consistent low water pressure throughout your home, pick up the phone.
- Sewage backup: Sewer plumbing services are needed any time you notice a sewer backup affecting your home. This can be a significant health hazard if left unrepaired.
- Burst pipes: Don’t get burst pipes and leaking pipes confused; 10% of United States households have leaks in their plumbing, and while these cause issues, they’re not quite as urgent as an altogether broken pipe. Broken pipes can cause damage to your home and other utilities, so these need to be repaired immediately.
- Health or safety risk: Any time a broken utility in your home poses a health or safety risk to you or your family, call emergency plumbing services right away. Make sure to look for any other issues that could put your family at risk as well, like issues with your HVAC, electricity, or other utilities.
If you’ve had any of these major utility issues in your home recently, it’s time to call for an emergency electrician or emergency plumbing services. Getting these issues repaired quickly can ensure that your family is safe and healthy in your home and not being exposed to potential risks caused by broken plumbing. For more information on emergency utility repair, contact Coastal Mechanical Contractors today.